Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome to Oakland, protesters


Photo by Vaughn Wallace / Photo Editor at The Pitt News

This is going to be a completely selfish post here, but the folks at The Pitt News have been doing an amazing job covering the G-20 — especially in Oakland.

Because I was cooped up writing a paper at my apartment in Shadyside yesterday, I wasn't able to get the real experience of protests and riots in Oakland. I would check CNN or even the PG every once in a while, but no news source gave me the most up-to-date information like The Pitt News.

I know that the news, photo and other editors have been running around the area capturing stories to report. If you check out the paper's G-20 page, you can a list of all the stories about the Summit.

What I found most useful while trying to figure out what was happening in Pittsburgh and Oakland, was to follow the Pitt News' twitter. They were tweeting in real time the events that were taking place. It was a very anecdotal approach to news and a great way to follow what was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment