Friday, September 25, 2009

Bloomfield aftermath

As I was riding the bus back to my apartment in Friendship I got a call around 5 p.m. yesterday from my mom.

"There's a group gathering at Friendship Park. It's on the news." (translation: Please find out what's going on without me asking you to potentially put yourself in a compromising situation to fulfill my curiosity.)

"I'll check it out."

"Be careful. Stay away from tear gas." (oh, mom)

Once I was back at my apartment I nabbed my sister and we headed down there, but found nothing. So we headed to Liberty Ave. in Bloomfield. One of the glass doors of the PNC was busted and the glass was being swept away, with protesters milling about as the riot police were packing up.

It didn't appear any of the damage was extensive, from what we saw and what we asked various shopkeepers standing outside their stores what they saw. All they said was that a crowd of the anarchists were beating each other up and they got sprayed with rubber bullets. I didn't hear or read that on the news...

No comments:

Post a Comment