Friday, September 25, 2009

A lighter G20 note

A very suave Egyptian in his late 40's, calling himself Mohammed, tried to pick me up at the Starbucks in central Oakland around 10am yesterday. He told me he was involved in some part of the G20 commission and said I was pretty. I couldn't wholly understand his accent, so I'm not sure what his role was, but he did have an expensive looking suit. This sort of coffee shop awkwardness rarely happens to me, but at all times it seems to be happening to at least one person I know (especially to my friend Austin.) These older men are so tricky because they catch you off-guard. Mohammed opened the dialog by showing me an article about research at CMU and then I felt bad for him because I thought he just needed someone to talk to. Wrong. I only got away when the person I was supposed to meet rescued me.

Older men hunting for college students at coffee shops are the worst. That's what I am protesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment