Monday, September 28, 2009

London Vs. Pittsburgh

I was in London last semester during the G-20, although I did not personally see much of anything. As American students we were told to stay as far away from the protests as possible and the information I received was from the news and accounts of coworkers. Obviously I saw a lot more of this G-20 and I think that Pittsburgh was better off than London. Although there was some police brutality and whatnot, overall our city seems to have survived the summit. In London one man died due to police brutality... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECMVdl-9SQ&feature=fvw and there were countless other attacks and arrests.

Of course, London is a lot bigger than Pittsburgh and 8 million people are a lot harder to control than 400,000. Did Pittsburgh handle the summit any better than London given it's size?

No comments:

Post a Comment