Sunday, September 27, 2009

Shitstorm

The consensus around here is that this weekend was insane. Stories of police brutality, unruly protesters, and feces-smearing are constantly pouring in via word-of-mouth, Facebook, etc.

No doubt, much of the chaos was propagated by non-protesting Pitt students who just wanted a glimpse of the action and got a little carried away with their curiosity.

At Pitt, we've been privy to several riot-ish events in the past few years, but this was a different animal. It was far less innocuous than last year's Obama- and Steeler-fests. I felt truly unsafe at times, even though I avoided central Oakland for the most part. I would even go as far to say that this was more unsettling than being in New York on 9/11.

I'll leave you all with a link to The Pitt News' photo coverage of the weekend, and my own original G-20 remix:

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit, I came here with the express purpose of posting that video. I can't believe you made it.

    The increasing smallness of Pitt's campus is baffling.

    ReplyDelete