Saturday, September 26, 2009

Photos from Friday Night

I went into Oakland last night to a friend's party around 10:30. I was too frightened to stop with my little camera because there were hundreds of people standing around on Fifth and I saw three different SWAT teams clinging to the backs of their trucks as they patrolled the streets. Police stopped my boyfriend and I from going down Craig Street, so we took fifth to Bouquet. Miraculously the O was open. The party was really calm compared to the last one at the same house. We mostly sat on the porch and listened to the helicopters.

I took these pictures in front of Soldiers and Sailors around 2am when we walked home. The streets had cleared out. Wobbling sorority girls have never been such a welcome sight to me. I hope things are back to normal now on campus.














1 comment:

  1. As a U.S. Army veteran, I am completely appalled by the chalk scratch left behind by these protesters.

    I find it extremely disrespectful...

    ReplyDelete